Wiperdrive couplings are fully metallic couplings, consisting of two hubs, one center spacer member, and two sets of stainless steel flexible membranes together with high tensile bolts. Replacement of flexible membranes is easy, simple and is possible without disturbing drive or driven equipment.
*High Power-to-weight ratio
*No wearing parts, no lubrication required
*Easy installation with drop out spacer.
*Accommodates anular, parallel and axial misalignments
*Non stainless steel parts coated with a durable anticorrosive coating
*High temperature application
*Replaceable flexible membranes
*Visual Inspection possible without disassembling equipment.
*Inherent it balanced.
*High tensional rigidity with low axial stiffness
*Special options including spacer lengths, modified hubs, special materials are available.
*High speed capability
*Dynamic balancing to customer specifications
*Machined to high precision standards
Wiperdrive couplings are available in four types LS, S, ES and AS series.
TYPE – LS
*Normal duty coupling
*Suitable for general Industrial applications.
*High performance coupling
*Specially suitable for petrochemical & fertilizer, industries.
*Can be supplied in compliance with API – 610.
*ES & AS series are same in construction. ES series can be given in compliance with API – 610 A Series is in compliance with API-671.
- Select an appropriate SERVICE FACTOR from table given below.
- Multiply the rated running power by the service factor. This gives DESIGN POWER of rated speed (RPM). Now convert this to design power at 1500RPM. This is used as a basis for coupling selection.
- Refer to the rating column and read until the power greater than or equal to the dsign power ta 1500RPM is found. The size of the coupling is given in the corresponding first column.
- Select either standard (type 1) or large (type 2) adapters to suit shaft sizes. Select either type 3 or type 4 adapter in type S/ES/AS for large shaft sizes.
- Specify the distance between shaft ends (DBSE)